The Noroton Fire Department provides an array of fire-rescue services. In addition to the traditional fire department responsibilities of structural firefighting, Noroton responds to marine emergencies on Long Island sound, motor vehicle accidents, gas leaks, and numerous other types of emergencies.
Noroton consists of approximately 45 active volunteers and operates a fleet of six apparatus.
The Noroton Fire Department fleet consists of
- Chief: John Hessmer
- 1st Assistant Chief: Brendan Keane
- 2nd Assistant Chief: Bob Buch Jr.
- Captain Trucks: Mike Sheehan
- Captain Engines: Tim Ward
- Captain Boats: Jack Butcher
- Engineer: Mike Vitti II
- Lieutenant Ladder 30: Jamie Hunter
- Lieutenant Engine 31: Joe Martin
- Lieutenant Engine 32: Keith Bennett
- Lieutenant Rescue 33: Greg Saba
- Lieutenant Marine 34: Geoff Ball
- Superintendent of Alarms: Greg Geraci
- Assistant Engineer: Frazer Herbert
- President: Bob Buch Sr.
- Vice President: Craig Ackerman
- Treasurer: Doug Lawrence
- Financial Secretary: Adam Chernichaw
- Recording Secretary: Michael Burkhart